Property Use Permits
Dallas County Utility And Reclamation District Permit Rules And Regulations For Access / Use Of District Property
Individuals, companies, or event entities, (each herein referred to individually as “Permittee”), requesting access/use of property owned by Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District, (herein referred to as “District”), must adhere to the rules and regulations set forth herein. These permit rules and regulations are applicable to all property owned by the District, including both land surfaces and lake surfaces.
|I. Permit Fee Schedule:||Permit Fee|
|• Commercial Advertisement:||$400 per day|
|• All Others||$50 per event|
|• Non City Sponsored Public Events||$1,000 per event|
|• City Sponsored Event||$100 per event|
|• Private Event||$200 per event|
|• Boat Inspection||$42 per hour – Min 1 hour|
|• Use of District Barge||$200 per event|
II. Rules and Regulations:
The following items shall be required for the issuance of a Permit:
- Completed “Application for Permit” form
- Signed and Notarized “Agreement and Release of Liability” form
- Permit Fee
- Certificate of Insurance (Special Events and Commercial Activity)
- Detailed Site Plan (Special Events only)
- All activities must be tasteful, non-disruptive, and in keeping with the general ambiance of Las Colinas. Final approval of activities is at the sole discretion of the District.
- Public address systems or sound equipment may not be used from 7:00am — 5:00 pm Monday through Friday in areas adjacent to businesses or private residences. The District must approve use of these items during other times.
- The Permittee must in no way interfere with, stage equipment/wardrobe etc. against, loiter adjacent to, or block access to, privately owned properties.
- The Permittee is responsible for returning the District’s property to its former clean and orderly condition upon completion of approved use period. Failure to comply with this condition will subject the Permittee to reimbursement of such costs that the District incurs in cleaning or otherwise returning the property to its previously orderly condition.
- The displaying, method of hanging, and location of any banner or sign must be approved.
- Access onto the District’s property by any type of vehicle or heavy equipment must be approved.
- Any boat or any structure (such as a floating dock, boat trailers, buoys, anchor lines, kayaks, etc.) must be inspected and approved by a District representative. All such items must be power-washed by the Permittee prior to being placed in a District waterway. The washing and inspection process are to help prevent any foreign aquatic weed from being introduced into a District waterway.
- Public access areas may not be blocked or restricted.
- Location of port-o-lets, trash dumpsters, etc., must be approved.
- The Permittee is solely responsible for the provision of security, if necessary.
- The District will only be involved in the issuance of Permits. The District will not be involved in the planning, coordination, or execution of any event.
- Large scale special events must also receive approval from the Las Colinas Special Events Committee.
- No public boating or fishing shall be allowed on District waterways. Boating or fishing permits will only be issued for approved special events.
- Mandalay Canal Area: (This section specific to listed area) (Click for Map)
Permits issued for access/use of the Mandalay Canal area are only for the areas marked as “District” on the attached map. Use of all other areas must be approved by the appropriate management entity.
III. Insurance Requirements:
Required for use by commercial entities, special events, and all others so designated by the District.
A Certificate of Insurance in the amounts listed below, showing the District as additionally insured, must be provided.
- All policies shall be written by companies licensed to do business in Texas and rated by A.M. Best Co. B+ IX or better.
- All liability policies shall include DISTRICT as an “Additional Insured” (as that term is customarily defined).
- Waivers of Subrogation against all Additional Insureds will be required.
- Minimum of thirty (30) days Notice of Cancellation shall be provided by Insurer.
- Copies of policies are required.
- Policies shall be written in occurrence form.
- General Liability shall include comprehensive form, premises/operations, products/completed operations, contractual, broad form property damage, and personal injury. The combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage shall be a minimum $1,000,000.00.
- Automobile Liability for any auto shall have a combined bodily injury and property damage minimum limit of $500,000.00.
- Worker’s Compensation and Employers Liability shall comply with the statutory requirements for the State of Texas.
- Umbrella Liability shall follow the form of the General Liability and the Employer Liability, the minimum combined single limit for the bodily injury shall be $1,000,000.00.
- The Permittee must maintain insurance certificates on all Subcontractors. Any Subcontractor without proof of insurance will be immediately removed from the Work by the Permittee.
Irving, TX 75014-0035
Month of September 2017APT System will be CLOSED
Labor Day Monday September 4th
Tower 909 Station has been RE-OPENED effective Thursday October 5th. This is a temporary opening for approximately 3 weeks. Please check back for revised scheduling.